Wednesday, September 16, 2009

UPDATE UPDATE

I start every blog entry the same way every time....... "I know it's been forever since my last entry...I suck at blogging, yada yada yada....". Now that I think about it, that's the way all my journal entry's start too! Ha Ha. I guess it's just not where I spend my time....obviously. I must say, I do applaud all the wonderful mothers out there that seem to get it done on a regular and consistent basis.
We have had a Crazy and busy summer. We went to an awesome retreat in Vegas, Lake Mead area, Bear Lake, Rexburg (numerous times), a cabin in Sundance a few times, a cabin in Alpine Wyoming with all our law school friends, California, and probably more I just can't remember. Too bad I don't really have many pictures to prove it. I always think I'll track down the pics others take, but then I never do.

I did manage to get a few fun pics from the past month.....

Vivien's first Solids. She did great! A much better eater than her brother ever was.
Val Dean was very upset that Vivien was eating food. He did not want her in a high chair at all. He kept saying " No mommy.... Vivien can only have mommy's milks. Stop feeding her..... that's Val Dean's big boy foods. So I put him in his high chair and feed him too. He accepted the reality of it pretty quickly.

This was Val Dean's favorite part of Bear Lake.



Vivien and Val Dean are best friends lately. Val Dean is always asking if her can wake her up from her naps to play.... of course I always say no and follow up with a threat of what will happen to him if he does.

Vivien gets nearly 100 kisses and hugs from big brother each day. When she is standing straight she is only about an inch or two shorter....poor kid...she'll pass him up before she is one for sure. Although he has grown 3" in the last four months. He only grew 2" from 6 months until four months ago. They said his surgery might have stimulated bone growth. We are so excited. I pray that he can make it to four feet. At least reach a door knob or light switch.

Vivien started crawling about a months ago. She picked it up so fast. She is a very busy girl. Such a contrast from Val Dean. You nearly have to rope her to the changing table when you change her diapers.

She started "cruising" about a week after she started crawling. She stands for a second on her own too. I am afraid she is going to walk soon and I'll never be able to catch her.
Val Dean is Jackal and Hyde these days. A perfect angel one minute and then the next a little devil. He is in time out half his life. I am not sure what this phase is but I hope it passes soon.
This is what he does when you ask for a "cheesy smile".

Not a dull minute with this guy. He says the funniest things lately. Today he told me not to call him Val Dean anymore. He said, just call me Buzz, okay mommy. (his nick name). 20 minutes later he changes his mind.

Val surprised me with a much needed new sewing machine for my birthday a couple weeks ago. I was so excited. He rarely comes up with a good suprise like that. I absolutely love it!

One of my latest projects. I am making this quilt for my little sister. I still need to bind it. any takers! That part I am no good at.

7 comments:

Misty said...

That quilt is absolutely darling! You are so talented. Your kids are adorable. Did you get her jammie's at Target? I saw some similar there yesterday and just about bought them. We need to get together more often. Can you believe our babies will be walking soon? Such a scary though. lol

Debbie said...

What a darling quilt! I didn't know you could sew! So much talent!!! And such a wonderful Mommy,too! Love you guys, Auntie Debbie Murray

bdawg schmash andrizzle & n.o.p said...

Adorable quilt. Geez, I remember when you were just learning. Now you're the pro. You'll have to help me with my next one. I'm jealous of your sewing machine. Looks awesome.

bdawg schmash andrizzle & n.o.p said...

Oh, and happy birthday. Sorry I missed it.

AydenAva said...

OMG Love the pics!!!! They are so cute its so funny about the Viv & Val hight thing! Ava was taller than Ayden by 9 mo. & they loved each other & about 4 mo. after she started walking the fighting began! She was taller,stronger & faster & didnt understand she could hurt Ayden & was (is) always taking his toys & running away with them!They fight so much! But Ayden understands that hes a "little person" now & Ava knows she can hurt Aydens neck,so it has gotten better.She gives him piggy back rides & pushes him in her dolly stroller & they think its the funniest thing ever!Thats so awsome he grew 4 in. that fast!How tall is he now?Aydens 27 in.,I take it the surgery went well,how long does he have to wear the brace for?& did they fuse his c-spine?......I wish they could meet someday, Aydens never meet someone his size. He did meet 2 adult LPs & had a great time playing ladder ball with them!He didnt even want Daddy to play with them,they were like his long lost freinds,it was so cute!..............Angie

Anonymous said...

Glad you got in touch with us! I know what you mean about Dr. Brockmeyer, he and I have kind of irritated each other, but I've heard he's good at what he does.

Grant had a brace fitted to him at Shriner's, but it restricts his movement a lot, it's a full body kind of thing. He has a almost non-existant neck, so they had to use his body for support. But he doesn't have to wear it most of the time now, which is nice.

We live in Saratoga Springs, so not far from you. We actually just got together with LPA of Utah last night to have dinner together. It was fun to meet people who know more about what we are going through.

They are having a party in October for Halloween. It would be fun to get the kids together. Let me know if you want more info. Sorry this is so long. :o) Might be easier to contact me through email. staceystone610@hotmail.com

AydenAva said...

I used to worry about how the other kids would treat Ayden,but I dont anymore hes going to be 6 soon & he just started school & all the kids flock to him.They just love him & Ayden is so confadent hes the leader in any group of kids he meets & thinks up fun games for them to play together & gives each kid a role.I know as he gets older kids can be mean,but he is so outgoing I think he will handle it just fine....hes not your shy,soft spoken kid! His school district wanted him in a "special school" for kids with medical problems & they were worried his neck issues would be a liability for the school (other kids plowing into him,ect..)But i wanted him in a regular school so hed leard to socialize with typical kids & they other way around too.So I stood my ground & hes in a typical school with his own nurse to help him.We are in the process of getting a power chair for him because he has to be carried from class to class because his legs get tired & he cant walk the whole way.I know putting him in a stroller at this age isnt a big deal,but I want him to be as independent as he can & eventually he will need a power chair anyway,when he goes on field trips at age 8 hes not going to want to be in a stroller!& he cant walk for 6 hours strait either,soo thats my take on it anyway.The school nurse sent a letter home with all the kindergarden,1st & 2nd graders explaining dwarfism & it was nice because the next day of school no one asked him why he was so short,because thier parents explained it allready...Are boys are going to be just fine & they are so darn cute!!!!!