Thursday, May 21, 2009

The long and bumpy road

Yesterday was Val Dean's hardest day yet. He was SO irritable. It's hard to see our little guy so upset and discontent. The pain and meds make his pretty angry. He couldn't sleep or calm himself at all yesterday. Needless to say it was pretty exhausting for the both of us. Val had to go back to work, which I was not prepared for.

His x-rays show that the surgery was a great success. So now we just have to deal with the after math. They had to take him off of morphine because his stomach was shutting down, so he is in more pain now. The loratab just doesn't seem to touch the pain like the morphine. He is also having difficulties keeping his oxygen up, so he has to be on oxygen all the time.
He hates all the cords and IV's connected to him. He is constantly ripping the oxygen, neck brace, and monitor leads off. And yesterday he ripped the IV out of his foot.
He seems a little better this morning. He slept really good last night and is napping now. YEAH! Originally, we thought we could leave today or tomorrow, but that does not seem like it's going to happen.
On a positive note.... We are staying at my aunts condo arcross from the conference center and this is the view out my window. It's even better at night!

Again thanks to all your for your love, prayers, and support

7 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

Oh poor thing! I hope he has a fast recovery!

brenda said...

Brooke and Val,
Our prayers continue to include you guys and Val Dean. Please, please let us know if we can do anything at all. We do not plan to visit, as that would just be more stress, but if you need anything at all, just call me!

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

Val and Brooke-

I am so glad Val Dean's surgery went so well and he is recovering great. Poor little guy- I can't imagine what he is going through, much less you guys not knowing how to help him sometimes. Your family is definitely in our prayers and we hope we can see you in June, and if that is too much, we will be back for christmas and will definitely see you then. Hang in there and give Val Dean a big hug from us! Ash

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

P.S.- LOVE your drapes you made. You are super talented! Wish we lived closer so you can teach me!!

Aislinn said...

HI - you don't know me - but I came across your blog today while searching for a person that is related to you. I'm happy to see that you're little guy is doing well. I am hoping you can help me with a project I'm working on that involves Val Dean Dalling. would you please contact me at wyo_popcicle@yahoo.com so I can explain further? I'm short on time and I don't want to hijack your blog! Thanks - and good luck to you and your family!

Natalie said...

I am so happy that his surgery went so well. It's SO hard to see your little ones suffering especially when there's not much you can do to fix the situation. What a strong little guy. I can't even imagine how tough that was for all of you! I remember how scared we were with little Nathan and the tests we've had, but MAN! We are thinking of you and including you in our prayers for sure!!!

Shiloh and Bob Willey said...

We are all so thankful that Val Dean's surgery went as well as it did. Those are such sad pics with him in pain. They made me cry! We all just want to wave a magic wand and make him all better, but we know that isn't Heavenly Father's plan for this amazing little guy-with the HUGE spirit and mission here on earth! We feel so blessed to be part of his family. Please tell him all of the Murray cousins love him and have been praying for him for months! I'm so glad Kats is such a wonderful mother-in-law, mother and grandma, to give all of her time and Dean's money-to try to bless all of her children and grandchildren's lives! You're all in our prayers! Viv is such a beautiful little doll! And those drapes are WONDERFUL!!! You amaze me Brooke in soooo many ways. Most of all, you and Val are just the PERFECT parents for Val Dean, I can tell Heavenly Father hand picked both of you to be his guardian angels here on earth, and into the eternities!
Love, Aunt Debbie