Thursday, May 28, 2009

We are Home!

Val Dean got home from Primary Children's hospital on Sunday. Each day he is getting better and better. Although the nights are long; The kids seem to wake each other up all night long. Today he was the happiest he's been in a while. The pain has made him so moody. He is getting a custom made neck brace next week, which will be so nice because his current neck brace is too big and cuts into his shoulders. He also gets his stitches out on Monday.

My parents gave Val Dean these balloons when he got home. He liked them so much he insisted holding them while he watched a movie. He even held them while he slept that night.



Primary Children's has a playroom that Val Dean was able to play in the day before we left. He was so sick of his hospital bed, it was like Disneyland. At first he could not walk at all, he looked a little tipsy for awhile.

Little Viv has been such a great baby. She is so low maintenance. She just smiles every time you look at her. We are so blessed to have her!

13 comments:

Veronica said...

That's wonderful to hear!! So glad things went well and you got to go home...all of you.

Cori Henderson said...

I'm so glad you guys are now home! Val Dean does look so cute in his little neck brace, but I'm sure its uncomfortable. I hope he has a speedy recovery - sounds like he already has.

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

We are so glad to hear you guys are home! I hope all continues to go well and Val dean makes a quick recovery. I love that pic of Viv in the tub. She looks so much like you in that picture! cant wait to see you guys

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

so glad you're home!! and so glad everything went so well. i've been thinking about you lots. your kids are SO cute!

Denney's said...

I bet that you are so glad to be home. Val Dean is such a little cutie pie. How long does he have to wear the next brace? I want to come and visit you soon. Vivien looks like she is getting so big already. I hope things are going better.

Megan said...

I'm glad you guys are back at home. I hope Val Dean continues to recover well. Oh my word, Vivien is BEAUTIFUL! Glad she's low maintenance for you, especially with all that you've got on your plate!

bdawg schmash andrizzle & n.o.p said...

So much to comment on... So sorry about Val Dean's pain (and your's). How hard that must have been on all of you. You will be in our prayers. Happy recovery. Your home looks beautiful. Well your life settles, I want you to teach me how to make those curtains, I love them. Viv has the most radiant eyes. Did you make your matching dresses?

Dallings said...

What a trooper. Were happy the surgery itself went well and your family made it through the difficult process. It's sad to think of all the pain he was in. Preston and Claire pray continually for their cousins Val Dean's neck to feel better.

Erich said...

Hey guys I feel so out of touch sorry--I had no idea Val Dean was in surgery but that is great news. Hopefully his recoup goes well. I can't imagine how exhausted you guys must be--that is so much stress and waiting. But I know as strong as you guys are, you'll pull through wonderfully. We'll be praying for little Val Dean and your family. And keep those updates and pics coming.

Kerry and Brenda Denney said...

We are happy that Val Dean is home and doing better. We pray for you and for him.

Ann Mitchell said...

Glad to hear it!

Natalie said...

What a beautiful and strong family! You all are SO amazing. We pray for you and little Val Dean! He's adorable as always! We hope that he continues to feel better and that life can get back to normal. Viv is a beauty! THOSE EYES!! Thanks for the updates! Hugs from us!

Natalie said...

How are things going??? I'm anxious for an update?? We think of little Val Dean often.